Sunday, August 16, 2009

Independent Study for Wk5

GRAPHIC SUMMARY:

This image is the graphic summary for my laser cutting. It shows the six different layers to be used in the 2.5D section of my poster. Each layer is made from clear, 4.5mm acrylic, and is to be stacked on top of each other to show the cavernous like habitat of the Pterosaurus. There were many different materials I had considered for this part of the poster. I decided to settle on acrylic after Jeremy mentioned in his lecture that it was the most compatible material with the laser. I also wanted to achieve really defined edges, and materials such as cardboard or box-board simply couldn't do this.


DRAFT LAYOUT:

This is the first draft of my poster layout. I laid it out in symmetrical sections for simplicity, which I think is a key factor in producing a successful poster. The title is located in the middle for impact, and with the borders surrounding the other sections the viewers eye is drawn right to the centre. For this draft I have chosen to go with a landscape orientation, but am still unsure as to whether this will be the most successful orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment